Our Wolfpack comp team has six high school athletes who also work as coaches when they are able (in between their own training and meets!). They all compete with Corner Canyon High School’s track and field team and they all have their own specialties.
Spencer K. coaches our hurdles team who also helps with sprints. Jackson A. coaches our jumps athletes; especially long jump. Bostyn C. is also a jumps coach and she specializes in high jump. Jackson B. is a sprints coach and he also helps with hurdles. Ava B. and Jackie A. help coach our mid and long-distance runners.
All of our coaches have been tremendous role models to our young athletes. It’s been really amazing to see our athletes really take their advise and direction to heart.
Last week, a few of them competed in the 6A High School State Track & Field Championship at BYU’s track.
· Spencer K. took home GOLD in the 300m hurdles and SILVER in the 110m hurdles. He lost gold in the 110m hurdles by only .001 seconds!! Spencer also ran on Corner Canyon’s 4x400m relay ream where they took home gold and were almost three seconds ahead of 2nd place!
· Jackson A. placed 7th in long jump.
· Bostyn C. qualified for state and competed in girls high jump.
· Coach Jackson A. placed 7th in long jump.
· Coach Jackson B. qualified to run 300m hurdles, but couldn’t due to injury.
The boys team from Corner Canyon was the overall team winner of the meet too, congrats!! We are so lucky to have these amazing coaches to train our young athletes. They are seriously awesome role models for our kids!